Viva Las Vegas Stamps!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Late September blues

First of all, I have to get this out there. Private Selection Chocolate Moosetracks is by far the best grocery store Moosetracks offering. Mine is hidden in the basement freezer. Everyone is too lazy to go down there and look for anything good.

I feel confident posting this here, because no one follows my blog. Ha ha! Aren't I clever?

I started a baby blanket tonight, for a young woman I know who is pregnant. I just saw her for the first time in a while yesterday, and was surprised to see she is 7 months along. Anyway, I'm making 'Evellyn Anne's baby blanket', by Christine Olson. I'm using some recycled yarn, white and light purple, that I had on hand. I like the idea of using recycled yarn, as this young woman's life in the past couple years has been consumed with refashioning herself and her way of thinking. It seems fitting.

I don't know her very well, but it feels like a kind of 'pay it forward' project. I hope the circumstances around her pregnancy are such that she will enjoy her delightful baby when she arrives.

I still have 4 other projects on the needles....I like it that way.

Our foreman gave 2 week notice today. He's been with us several seasons and I'm sorry to see him go. He had a great offer elsewhere in a very different line of work. He's a good guy and could have screwed us by leaving with no notice, but that isn't 'how he rolls' (my words not his). I wish him the best, and I'll miss his irreverent, no-holds-barred humor.

The landscape season is drawing to a close, which always makes me a basket case. The bills come much longer than the money....I know we can't sell it until we buy it, but it doesn't seem to be profitable, especially this last year with the horrible, rainy weather. Many people tell me that 'it will all work out' and 'have faith, you'll be taken care of, probably in a way you haven't even thought of.' These people have no reason to lie to me, and experience has proven this to be true, but I always struggle. And fret. And cry for what seems to be no apparent reason. And have headache after headache. And sometimes snap at my children or spouse. And want to just crawl back into bed and pull the (hand knit) blanket over my head, but I wouldn't be able to sleep once I got there. Just worry. Which accomplishes nothing.

The saying goes 'If you pray, why worry? If you worry, why pray?' Am I the only person who can turn a pray into a worry?

I'm plotting a Halloween card for Vicki. I'd like to use some of my monsters I haven't used yet. And my new dripping blood stamp. Hmmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment